Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Aaaaah, it's finally happening. My first, and most likely only trip to the NFL draft is today. We've landed in Chicago and are tired as shit. Myself more than Patton due in large part to my choice to watch the in flight movie instead of sleeping.

The night started off well enough. A new friend, Shannon, drove us to the Kendos residence where Joe promptly whisked us away to the airport without delay. I'd say the highlight of the short stay in SeaTac would be the girls oogling us at the sandwich bar. At one point I noticed a recording device sitting on the table pointed at us with the recording light on. Somewhere out there Patton and I will be posted on some chicks facebook or YouTube. She'll be surprised to find I gave the camera a big thumbs up. Take that bitch.

As far as the in flight movie, I'll let you know it was a bit of a tear jerker. A story about a dog named Hachi and his love for Richard Gear. It was apperently based on a true story about a dog that hung around a train station for ten years after his master had stopped coming home from work due to his untimely death. If you love dogs in a genuine fashion this movie will probably move you somewhat, if not you'll probably think it's pretty shitty.

Oh and also, I am far from motivated to do things like post mock drafts. So you should instead look for my take in the comments section of Patton's posts. Or perhaps a "Lukes take" at the bottom or something. The only reason this post is happening is because we're trapped in Chicago for the next hour with nothing to do but make out with eachother.

No comments: